The mission of the Houston Urban Debate League (“HUDL”) is to develop and support competitive debate programs in Houston-area public schools.
HUDL Program Summary
- Free one week summer debate workshops for students and coaches.
- Six two-day debate tournaments during the school year, including a city championship. The tournaments will be held Fridays after school and Saturdays.
- Four Saturday instructional academic seminars/workshops led by lawyers, college professors and other experts on competitive debate.
- Student and coach access to volunteer, debate expert mentors who are assigned to participating schools.
- Scholarship awards for selected participating students to advance their knowledge at university sponsored summer workshops.